“What is the essence of life? To serve others and to do good.” – Aristotle
For organizations like the South Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, we depend on our volunteers to help us succeed. Our volunteers not only help us get things done, but they inspire us with their dedication their drive, and their passion for helping others.
Last week we held our Annual Banquet, celebrating 2017 in 2018, presented by AT&T. This is our opportunity to recognize individuals who have gone above and beyond within the Chamber world and our community. We also honor our Native Daughter, and celebrate our incoming 2018 Board of Directors. Congratulations to the following winners!
- Ambassador of the Year Award, presented by Resthaven Funeral Home & Memory Gardens to Linda Richardson, HMIpromos.
- Volunteer of the Year Award, presented by P.B. Odom III Construction to Karen Proctor, Village on the Park.
- Citizen of the Year Award, presented by COX Communications to David Greenwell, city councilman for Oklahoma City.
- Native Daughter Award, presented by Women of the South to award-winning author Anne Hillerman. Also honored were Anne Hillerman’s late father, New York Times bestselling author Tony Hillerman, and his late brother, renowned photographer Barney Hillerman.
- Click here to view our 2018 Incoming Board of Directors
We are grateful to have such individual talents and skills in our members. They strive to make South Oklahoma City a better place to live and work, and their passion and dedication to the community is truly commendable. We look forward to continue building an exciting future on the very solid past they have helped us form. Congratulations again to all the winners!